I survived my first weekend trip outside of Florence. A train, flight, bus and a taxi ride later, I checked Barcelona, Spain off of my travel bucket list. I have always wanted to go to Spain and even considered studying there so I was looking forward to this weekend trip. It was such a change from Florence; Barcelona is much larger and more modern. I almost felt like I was in New York or Chicago when we were in the city centre. A few of my roommates and I met up with a friend who is studying in Barcelona and she showed us around for the weekend. Here are a few highlights and pics from my trip:
- Watch the sun set from Bunkers del Carmel with a perfect view of Barcelona
- Patio brunch at Brunch & Cake
- Tour of Gaudi’s Sagrada Familia a.k.a. the most beautiful architecture you will ever see
- Sangria and Tapas at La Luna (sadly I don’t have any pics from this)
- Strawberry Mojito at Rubí – ¡delicioso!
- Speaking Spanish with the taxi drivers – this was honestly one of my favorite parts considering I still have a long ways to go to have conversations with locals here in Florence
- Tacos & margs at Rosa del Raval – Can never go wrong with tacos . . . even in Barcelona
- Strolling along Playa de la Barceloneta
I had a great weekend exploring Barca with friends this weekend and am excited for more adventures to come. Next up: Amsterdam!
Check out my images page for pics all things Barca!